Garmin Vivosmart HR+ GPS
Activity Tracking Features10.0 /10
Style & Design8.0 /10
Smartwatch Features9.0 /10
Colors Available8.0 /10
Garmin Connect App8.0 /10
- Tracks Steps, Calories, Floors Climbed and Intensity Minutes
- Move Bar & Vibrations Alerts
- Waterproof to 50meters
- Wrist-based Heart Rate
- Smartphone Notifications
- Some syncing issues with Garmin Connect
Vivosmart HR+ Plus Review – Best Garmin Activity Tracker 2016
If you’re serious about activity tracking you need the Garmin Vivosmart HR+ on your wrist. It’s the best activity tracker Garmin have released in 2016 and has won a series of accolades including Wareable.com Awards Fitness Tracker of the Year. In this review, we’ll take a look at the key features, pros/cons and where you can buy it.
Garmin Vivosmart HR+ Key Features:
- Tracks distance, time and pace using GPS technology
- Sleek band is comfortable to wear all day and the always-on display shows your stats, even in sunlight
- Garmin Elevate heart rate technology measures heart rate at the wrist 24/7
- Displays steps, calories, heart rate, floors climbed and intensity minutes
- Monitors your sleep allowing you to keep track of your rest
- Receive text, call, email, calendar, social media alerts and more
- Reminds you to stay active with move bar and vibration alert
- Learns your activity level and proposes a personalized daily step goal; additionally, lets you manually set floors-climbed and intensity minutes goals
- 24/7 wearable: Up to 5 days of battery life
- Water rating: 5ATM (50m)
- Garmin Move IQ motion detector technology automatically records daily activity
- Smartphone locator helps find your misplaced phone
- Automatically syncs to Garmin Connect for fitness challenges and progress
Best Garmin Activity Tracker for Runners
Garmin Vivosmart HR+ has been designed with runners in mind. This is a key difference between the earlier Vivosmart HR. Not only does the +Plus version count steps, calories, floors climbed, and intensity minutes, it also uses GPS satellites to track where you jog, walk or even roller skate! It acquires satellites quickly to track where you go, how far and how fast. When used for running Vivosmart HR+ tracks distance, pace, personal records with additional features including walk/run mode and virtual pacer.
24 Hour Activity Tracking & Smart Capabilities
Garmin Vivosmart HR+ automatically tracks your walking, running, biking, swimming, and elliptical training throughout the day without needing to start a timed activity. It does this through Garmin Move IQ. You can review later on the Garmin Connect mobile app. Much like the Vivoactive HR it also comes with Garmin Elevate wrist heart rate technology. Now you can track your heart rate all day and night without wearing an additional chest strap. It also has an integrated barometric altimeter which means it will track how many stairs you climb.
Design & Style
The always-on sunlight readable touchscreen display allows you to view your stats and swipe and tap to see more. It also has a backlight for when it’s dark. It’s not the most attractive of activity trackers, see the Garmin Vivomove if you want a stylish tracker. However, this fitness band is all about function over form. It’s designed for the active lifestyle in mind, a rugged, durable construction with 5 ATM water rating lets you do all the things you want. With battery life up to 5 days in watch/activity tracking mode (24/7 heart rate monitoring, no GPS) or up to 8 hours using GPS.
Why Should I Buy the Garmin Vivosmart HR+?
You should buy the Garmin Vivosmart HR+ if you want a 24/7 activity tracker with all the bells and whistles. With it, you can fully monitor your physical activity during the day. If you need that extra bit of motivation to keep active during the day the gentle vibration after 1 hour of activity will remind you to get up and move. Reaching your step goal at the end of each day with a fireworks display on the screen will motivate you to reach your target the next day.
Garmin Vivosmart HR+ Review Summary
If you are looking for one of the best activity trackers then look no further. Garmin Vivosmart HR+ has it all. It is the best 24/7 tracker currently on the market. The added GPS gives you additional running features if you want to step it up a gear. You can even pair with MyFitnessPal app for additional information on calorie consumption and nutritional information.
Garmin Vivosmart HR+ Customer Reviews
Read genuine Amazon customer reviews for Garmin’s best activity tracker 2016 to learn more: