If you are experiencing problems with your Garmin Vivofit activity tracker the chances are you haven’t paired or synced correctly. Use our troubleshooting guide below to get help with syncing your Garmin Vivofit. You can also visit the official Vivofit online manual. The Vivofit manual covers all aspects of using your activity tracker, including pairing and syncing problems.
How do I pair my Garmin Vivofit with my computer?
Follow the instructions below to pair your Vivofit with your computer for the first time. You can also pair with your smartphone if you have Bluetooth enabled. Bluetooth is usually turned on from within the settings of your phone. The majority of all modern smartphones have Bluetooth as standard. To check to see if your phone is compatible with Garmin devices click here.
1. Plug your ANT+ stick into your computer’s USB port. The ANT stick should have come with your Vivofit. If you don’t have the ANT+ stick click here to buy one from Amazon.
2. Download the Garmin Express desktop application. Garmin Express is your one-stop shop for managing all Garmin devices. Once installed click the plus button to add your tracker.
3. Press and hold the button on your Vivofit until PAIR is displayed on the screen, then release the button. You should only need to pair your Vivofit once. You can only pair one Garmin device at a time.
How do I sync my Garmin Vivofit?
Syncing your Vivofit should be straightforward if you have already paired it with your computer. To sync with your desktop computer you need to plug in the small ANT USB stick that came in the box. To sync with your smartphone you should download the Garmin Connect smartphone app. Using the app is the easiest way to sync your Vivofit.
Follow the steps below to sync Vivofit with your computer:
1. Plug the small ANT+ USB stick into your desktop computer, there will either be a port on the back or the front of your computer.
2. Open the Garmin Express application on your computer. If you don’t have it installed yet, click here to download it.
3. While near your computer, press and hold the only button on your Vivofit until the SYNC message appears on screen, then release the button. On the Garmin Express computer program you should see your Vivofit and a green connected icon. Once synced it should say ‘You’re up to date!’.
How do I change the time on my Garmin Vivofit?
To change the time on on your Vivofit make sure your computer or smartphone has the right time then simply sync your Vivofit. The time and date should update automatically. You should make sure you sync your Vivofit regularly to help keep your Vivofit updated and to monitor your fitness in the app.
How do I charge my Garmin Vivofit?
All 3 models of the Garmin Vivofit have a 1+ year battery life. They do not come with a charging cable or clip like some other activity trackers or smartwatches. The Garmin Vivofit 1 and 2 has two standard CR1632 coin cell watch batteries which are easy to replace. Simply remove the main module from the band and unscrew the 4 Phillips screws on the front, replace the batteries and replace the cover.
What do the red bars mean on my Garmin Vivofit?
The red bars displayed on all 3 versions of the Vivofit, Vivosmart, and other Garmin activity trackers, indicate periods of inactivity. The red bar grows every 15 minutes. After one hour of inactivity, a gentle alert and vibration reminds you that it’s time to move. Getting up and walking resets the red move bar. This is useful for motivation during the day after sitting for long periods.